PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG IS A BLOG IN PROGRESS! I AM SLOWLY BUT SURELY UPDATING MY PICTURES, AND POSTS...AND TRANSFERRING MY OLD BLOGS TO THIS ONE...SO, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL YET...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO GET AN EMAIL FOR EVERY CHANGE I MAKE, LOL! I WILL TAKE THIS DOWN WHEN IT IS GOOD TO GO FRIENDS!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Learning to Judge NOT . . . and Glean A Lot

       I have been thinking about this a lot in the last day or so.  I had a life changing experience last spring when I was at Disney World.  I had all three kiddos and my super awesome cuz, Aubrey with me.  We had a RIDICULOUSLY difficult evening . . . (one of those that is comical to think back on . . . how could sooo many things go wrong at once?!) . . . We were exhausted . . . and on the way back to our car . . . really . . . we were practically to our car . . . my eldest dear child decided to have a fit.  He stopped walking right there in the parking lot and started crying.  He said his legs hurt too much to go on.  We told him . . . to walk.  We were so close!  Besides, Aub and I had strollers, the other kids, purses, bags etc.  There was no way for one of us to help my very capable son.  We kept walking knowing that in a moment he would follow suit.  Well, two women were walking by as my sweet child erupted into his tantrum.  They commented to each other on me being an awful mom . . . and how he just wanted attention . . . but they did it loud enough where both Aub and I heard it.  We could hardly believe it . . . I mean . . . seriously?!  Those women had no idea what we had endured . . . they had no idea what was going on . . . or what was going on with my son . . . they just judged what they saw. . . and judged incorrectly.  I am so thankful for them though . . . bc God has really used that moment in my life.  It will be one I never forget.  It has really opened my eyes to the fact that I DON'T KNOW what is going on with people . . . so who am I to judge?  I don't know their backgrounds . . . their inner struggles . . . their broken hearts . . . I don't know why they do what they do.  Only God knows that stuff . . . so I am happy to leave the judging up to Him . . . the righteous judge!
         Along with the idea of not judging . . . God has been speaking to me about how there is often jewels found in all the different expressions of Christianity . . . just waiting to be gleaned.  I may not be Catholic . . . but I know some Catholics that love Jesus . . . and you know what . . . sometimes they say things that challenge and grow me!  I need to keep my heart open to allow God to speak to me through whomever He wants to speak to me through . . . even if it is a person from a different denomination that I do not agree with a lot of his doctrine . . . or a donkey for that matter (this is a reference to OT if you didn't catch it . . .).  If God is speaking . . . I want to be listening!  I have just found . . . I can look past the doctrinal differences . . . and really glean wisdom from some of those people.  God uses them in my life . . . He uses them to show me different ways to look at things.
         I remember in college when I was a Young Life leader . . . my dear friend and Area Director (one of the wisest men I know!) taught about how rabbis usually had a special teaching or yolk . . . it was like their life teaching and it was the thing they majored on . . . the big revelation God had given them.  I have found this to be true of people . . . often.  God puts passions in different people for different truths . . .  Often those people think their "truth" is the most important one (bc they are passionate about it, lol) . . . but I like learning from different people and gleaning the different revelations God has dispersed among His people.  I don't always agree with everything . . . but I have a Daddy I can bring each and every revelation to . . . and His Spirit helps me sort through what is from Him and what isn't . . . ya know?!

No comments:

Post a Comment