PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG IS A BLOG IN PROGRESS! I AM SLOWLY BUT SURELY UPDATING MY PICTURES, AND POSTS...AND TRANSFERRING MY OLD BLOGS TO THIS ONE...SO, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL YET...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO GET AN EMAIL FOR EVERY CHANGE I MAKE, LOL! I WILL TAKE THIS DOWN WHEN IT IS GOOD TO GO FRIENDS!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

One Change . . .

    If you could choose one practical thing to change in your life that would yield the most fruit for your relationship with Christ . . . what would it be?  For me it would be to be the early riser I desperately want to be.  Habits are hard to break though . . . I have been a night owl my whole life . . . so . . . waking up early is a painful habit for me to make.  I know.  It sounds dumb . . . but I really struggle with this!  I am really going to make a change in this area though.  Each day I get more frustrated . . . it brings me that much closer to overcoming my desires to stay up and hang out at night.  I think that it will truly change my life.  I think it will help me bring consistency to my relationship with God . . . I won't miss days in the Word because I will have time to have a set time for Him . . . which is how it should be ALWAYS, anyways.  No matter what time you wake up . . . God needs to be a priority . . . I do believe this . . . it is just difficult . . . when kids need to eat . . . do school . . . do baths etc.  The days get away from me . . . Being an early bird will help me be more consistent in my routine with the kids.  I think it will make me a better teacher and mom . . . not just because I will have just spent time in prayer . . . although this will definitely make me a better mom and teacher as well . . . but because I think I will be able to have consistency . . . I just feel like it will give me the extra time with my kids I desire each day . . . it will make things go more smoothly because I won't feel so rushed.  So, that is my confession.  Now I am hoping I will someday be able to write a post on how I overcame this difficulty in my life through God's grace . . . and that I am walking more closely with Him.  My plan is to go to bed 15 minutes earlier and wake up 15 minutes earlier each day until I get to my desired 5 am wake up call.

And this is a picture of a tired Mama . . . lol . . . and a cute little man . . . and Cookie Monster of course!

         So, whatever it is that is standing in the way of a closer walk with God for you . . . I encourage you to identify it . . . confess it to a dear friend . . . or strangers on the internet through the wonderful world of blogging . . . and then make a plan of action to change it.  Trust me.  The things of this world are NOT worth it.  Anything that is keeping you from deeper intimacy is not worth it!  (I am preaching to myself here!) . . . God has given you the grace you need to walk in victory when He died and rose again . . . so receive that grace and make a choice to follow God and obey what He is calling you to do.  You can do it friend!  With Christ, ALL things are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment