PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG IS A BLOG IN PROGRESS! I AM SLOWLY BUT SURELY UPDATING MY PICTURES, AND POSTS...AND TRANSFERRING MY OLD BLOGS TO THIS ONE...SO, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL YET...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO GET AN EMAIL FOR EVERY CHANGE I MAKE, LOL! I WILL TAKE THIS DOWN WHEN IT IS GOOD TO GO FRIENDS!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Final Quest

     Have you read The Final Quest Series by Rick Joyner? (I linked the first 2 books, but there is also a 3rd book in the series).  It is at the top of my list for BOOKS THAT HAVE CHANGED MY LIFE.  Seriously, these are ones I need to revisit yearly.  I am planning that revisit soon.  I was flipping through one recently and getting super excited about the ways I KNOW God is going to challenge me through this book . . . . . . . again.

     Here is a quote that always makes my tummy do somersaults, lol.  I so want to be one who has the kind of hunger for the LORD he speaks of . . .
   (Jesus speaking in a vision experience with Rick)

     "I have made a way for everyone to be as close to Me as they truly desire to be.  If you really desire to be even closer to Me than Paul was, you can.   Some will want this, and they will want it badly enough to give themselves fully to it, laying aside anything that hinders their intimacy with Me.  They will have what they seek." (The Final Quest, 174)

    Be inspired dear friends to purge your life of ANYTHING that is preventing you from being closer to Jesus...and go run after the giver of LIFE!

    Oh, and then this...so much wisdom.

    "Yes.  There is a great danger in walking in great power," the Lord responded.  "It has happened to many of My messengers, and that is part of the message they are to give to My last-day church.  You must walk in My power, and even much greater power than these experienced.  But if you ever start to think that the power is My endorsement of you, or even of your message, you will open the door to the same delusion.  The Holy Spirit is given to testify only of Me.  If you are wise, like Paul, you will learn to glory more in your weaknesses than in your strengths.
    True faith is the true recognition of who I am.  It is nothing more and nothing less.  But you must always remember- even if you abide in My presence and see Me as I am- you can still fall if you turn from Me to look back at yourself.  That is how Lucifer fell.  He dwelt in this room and beheld My glory and the glory of My Father.  However, he began to look at himself more than he looked to us.  He then began to take pride in his position and power.
    Many of My servants who have been allowed to see My glory and be entrusted with My power have fallen in the same way as Lucifer.  If you begin to think that it is because of your wisdom, your righteousness, or even your devotion to pure doctrine, you will stumble too." (The Final Quest, 181)

    Let us keep our eyes fixed on JESUS, the author and perfecter of our faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment