PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG IS A BLOG IN PROGRESS! I AM SLOWLY BUT SURELY UPDATING MY PICTURES, AND POSTS...AND TRANSFERRING MY OLD BLOGS TO THIS ONE...SO, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL YET...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO GET AN EMAIL FOR EVERY CHANGE I MAKE, LOL! I WILL TAKE THIS DOWN WHEN IT IS GOOD TO GO FRIENDS!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Perseverance

         I just have to say something about this today . . . because God has really blessed me in an area that I was ready to give up on many times . . . but did not.  I chose to keep going even when I didn't want to for the sake of my kids.  A couple years ago I knew that God had led me to Spell to Write and Read as a spelling and reading curriculum.  I was completely overwhelmed by it, however.  I just didn't get it when looking through it at first glance . . . and I immediately became overwhelmed by the endeavor to learn the program well enough to teach it.  I kept with it because I really believe it is the best program out there for what I was looking for.  It has taken me A LONG time to actually get to the place where I can teach it.  It's funny though . . . because when I finally faced the mountain of learning the program . . . it really wasn't that difficult.  So, don't give up on those things that feel impossible!  With Christ, all things are possible.  I was just reflecting on this all today because as I was doing SWR with Tig . . . I was just thinking about how much I enjoy the program.  I was thinking about how much I am learning . . . and he is learning.  It is incredible!  I remember reading a couple years ago a homeschool mom saying that choosing SWR has been the best decision she has made as a teacher.  I am so glad that I stuck with it!  Now, as I teach my other kids, I will be prepared from the beginning.  I am so thankful that God led me to this program so early on in our homeschool experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment