PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG IS A BLOG IN PROGRESS! I AM SLOWLY BUT SURELY UPDATING MY PICTURES, AND POSTS...AND TRANSFERRING MY OLD BLOGS TO THIS ONE...SO, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL YET...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO GET AN EMAIL FOR EVERY CHANGE I MAKE, LOL! I WILL TAKE THIS DOWN WHEN IT IS GOOD TO GO FRIENDS!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Meaning of Names

    Anyone who knows me, knows that meaning plays a HUGE part in me choosing names for my kids.  I just feel it is REALLY important since there is life and death in the power of the tongue.  Our words are powerful.  I want to be speaking blessing over my babies every time I speak to them.  All that to say,  I really enjoy searching through baby names, picking out my favorites for future kiddos.  Here is my list of baby names I adore: (orange means I REALLY like it:)

Boys:
Elijah James
      Elijah= My God is Yahweh, the faith Elijah showed in the Bible totally rocks my world and inspires me to radically believe God.  Elijah was also an amazing Prophet who heard God clearly and walked with Him.  In fact, he walked with him so closely he never died.  He was just taken up to heaven.
      James= The brother of Jesus, the book of James where faith is discussed A LOT . . . in fact, Elijah's faith is talked about here.  James is also the name of my husband's late grandfather he adored . . . and is also my husband's middle name.  Also, James is the name of a great mentor in my life during college who greatly impacted my walk with God.
Enoch David
      Enoch= dedicated to God, the other person in the Bible that had such great faith, he didn't die.  He walked with God so closely, he was no more.  In Rick Joyner's book, The Torch and the Sword, he talks about how people in the end times are going to be born that will have the heart of Enoch . . . I want my kid's to have that!  I want to have that, lol!
      David= beloved by God . . . he was a man after God's own heart . . . he was a warrior and a worshiper.
Ezekiel Peter (nn. Zekie)
      Ezekiel= God strengthens.
      Peter= Rock.  The person of Peter in the Bible.
Elisha John (nn. Johnny)
      Elisha= he walked in Elijah's double portion!  That is incredible.
Ezra Nehemiah
      Ezra= The LORD is my Helper
      Nehemiah= The LORD's Comfort
or Ezra Josiah
      Josiah= Fire of the LORD
Josiah Paul
      Paul= small or humble, and obviously the amazing character of Paul.  Also see this post that talks about Paul.
or Josiah Jude
      Jude= Praise
or Josiah Jeremiah
     Jeremiah= God will Uplift
or Josiah Joseph
    Joseph= God will Increase
Jeremiah Jude (nn. Remy)
or Jeremiah Josiah
or Jeremiah Joseph
      Jeremiah= Here I am LORD, send me!!!
Samuel Moses (Sam)
      Samuel= A prophet of the LORD.
      Moses= Drawn out of the water.  I think his name is a picture of baptism . . . His life was a picture of what Christ was going to do, set the captives free.  Moses was a stud . . . he walked in so much humility the Bible says he was the most humble man on earth.  He walked in so much glory and intimacy with the Father and he was God's friend.  Sounds like pretty amazing shoes to walk in!
Boaz Gabriel
      Boaz= In Him is strength, swiftness.  The godly character of Boaz.
      Gabriel= Devoted to God, the arch angel.  Champion or Man of God.

David Daniel or David Issac or David Gabriel
      David= Beloved
      Daniel= God is My Judge (but also--advisor to the king, worshiper, one without compromise, great faith)
      Issac= He laughs or he will laugh
      Gabriel= Devoted to God, the arch angel.  Champion or Man of God.


Girls:
Eliana Mackenzie (pronounced EL-EE-ON-UH) (Ellie, or Ellie-Mac, or Kenz)
      Eliana= God has answered my prayers
      Mackenzie= Fire-born child of the wise leader (Wisdom) This is also the name of a young girl we
      knew years ago that was so full of God.
Eden Abigail (Edie or Abi) (nick name pronounced EE-DEE)
      Eden= Pleasure or Paradise
      Abigail= My Father's Pleasure, or My Father's Joy
Esther Achazia (pronounced UH-KAYZ-EE-UH) (Essie or Kazie)
      Esther= Star, or the amazing godly woman in the Bible who saved her race through her courage and
      obedience
      Achazia= The LORD holds
or...Achazia Jean :)
Evangeline Faith 
Evangeline Hope
or Evangelia Faith (nn. Evie) as in (eh-VEE) (the first sound being the short e sound)
      Evangeline (Evangelia)= Bringer of Good News
      Faith= Faith . . . so, Faithful Bringer of Good News . . . one who has strong Faith to believe God for miraculous salvations.
      Hope= Hope, obviously
Eily Lael (pronounced I-LEE LAY-el)
      Eily= Light
      Lael= of God, so, Light of God
Elizabeth Jadon (pronounced JAY-dun) (nn. Lizzie, or Jay)
      Elizabeth= Oath of God, God's Promise (This is also a family name.  Beth is my mom and sister's middle name, and my cousin's first name.  Elizabeth is my husband's aunt's name.)
      Jadon= Thankful, God will judge
or Elizabeth Jada
      Jada= Wise
or Elizabeth Lilly Kate (Lizzie Kate, Lilly Kate, or Libby Kate)
or Elizabeth Kate
Lilly Kate (Lil)
Lilia Kate (Lil or Lily or Lili or Lillie)
      Lilly= Pure, represents the resurrection, fruitfulness, humility (Go here and scroll down and there is explanation of the meaning behind the Lilly . . . it also represents provision from Matthew 6)
      Kate= Pure
Adelynne Sofia Jean  (Addie)
      Adelynne= Noble, Kind
      Sofia= Wise
      Jean= God is Gracious.  This is also my middle name and very much a family name coming down from my grandma.
or Adelaide Sofia Jean (Addie)
     Adelaide= Noble, Kind
April Nalani Tulia (Lani)
      April= Open
      Nalani= The Heavens
      Tulia= Destined for glory, heavy downpour of rain, so, Open the heavens let your glory rain down,
      destined for glory.
or April Cordelia (Delia, Cora)
      Cordelia= Heart, so, Open Heart
Arabelle Lael (Bella or Ari)
      Arabelle= Lioness
      Lael= of God  so, Lioness of God
Ariella Rae(Ari, Ella, or Rae)
      Ariella= Lion of God
      Rae= Lamb
Liberty Lael (Libby)
      Liberty= Freedom
      Lael= of God  so, Freedom of God
Olivia Lael (Livie)
      Olivia= Olive Branch or Peace, so Peace of God
Odelia Jean (Delia)
      Odelia= Praise God
      Jean= God is Gracious, family name
Isobel Ivy or Izabella Ivy (Izzy)
      Isobel= Consecrated to God
      Ivy= Vine (abiding in the True Vine, John 15)
Jemma Lael
      Jemma= Jewel or Jem
      Lael= of God, so Jewel of God
Zoe Hope, Zoe Faith, Zoe Rainn, Zoe Elizabeth, Zoe Isobel, Zoe Izabella, Zoe Claire, Zoe Noelle, Zoe Lizette
      Zoe= Life
      Hope= Hope
      Faith= Faith
      Rainn= Abundant blessings from above
      Elizabeth, Isobel, Izabella= Consecrated to God
      Claire= Clear, Bright
      Noelle= Christmas
      Lizette= God is my oath, My God is bountiful
 

No comments:

Post a Comment