PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG IS A BLOG IN PROGRESS! I AM SLOWLY BUT SURELY UPDATING MY PICTURES, AND POSTS...AND TRANSFERRING MY OLD BLOGS TO THIS ONE...SO, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL YET...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO GET AN EMAIL FOR EVERY CHANGE I MAKE, LOL! I WILL TAKE THIS DOWN WHEN IT IS GOOD TO GO FRIENDS!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Jesus With Skin On, It's ALL About Him

Back in my college days, I remember reading a very touching article about being "Jesus with skin on" to kids (I was training to be a Young Life leader.)  I still think back to that article and am challenged by it!

I was perusing some blogs and I came across this poem that just rocks my world.  It makes me want to adjust things- align things with the heart of God.  I want my heart to be His heart!

Here is the link to the poem from Amy Block.

And here is the poem.


ALL About Him

When it's all about Him and not about me- I can live on little and give more.

When it's all about Him and not about me- I can adopt many and love more.




When it's all about Him and not about me- I can care less about pleasing others and care much about pleasing Him.

When it's all about Him and not about me- I can love without expecting to be loved back.

When it's all about Him and not about me- I can open my home and my heart regardless of our differences.

When it's all about Him and not about me- I can let go of my plans- knowing His are always better.

When it's all about Him and not about me- I care less about how my hair looks and care lots about how my heart looks.

When it's all about Him and not about me- I can have peace during the unknowns- trusting He does know. 

When it's all about Him and not about me- I worry less about the risk and more about just surrendering.

When it's all about Him and not about me- I allow myself to be vulnerable, knowing my experiences can help someone else.

When it's all about Him and not about me- I can be content in my circumstances knowing Heallowed them to be.

When it's all about Him and not about me- I can be assured success- regardless of the outcome.

He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30

Also, go check out Amy's header on her blog -what a great quote!  "Sometimes I would like to ask God, why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world, when He could do something about it . . .  but I'm afraid He might ask me the same question." ~Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment