PLEASE NOTE: THIS BLOG IS A BLOG IN PROGRESS! I AM SLOWLY BUT SURELY UPDATING MY PICTURES, AND POSTS...AND TRANSFERRING MY OLD BLOGS TO THIS ONE...SO, YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO FOLLOW ME BY EMAIL YET...BECAUSE YOU PROBABLY DON'T WANT TO GET AN EMAIL FOR EVERY CHANGE I MAKE, LOL! I WILL TAKE THIS DOWN WHEN IT IS GOOD TO GO FRIENDS!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

I Have Finally Begun...

     A fellow FIAR mom did us all a great service when she bought 5 or 6 One Thousand Gifts books, some journals, and put together a sign up sheet to mail this book around the world...so we could all experience the blessing of it.  Well, I am last on my list...and have had the book in possession for awhile.  I'm not proud that it has taken me so long to open and begin.  But, I have finally begun...
      I am just two chapters in...but WOW.  This is deep stuff.  I have to read in slow chunks so I can digest what she is saying through her beautiful poetic prose.  It is heart wrenching...in the way that she is speaking directly to some of my deepest fears...yet it is life giving...in that she is slowly but surely revealing great revelation in confronting these fears head on.  It seems so simple...yet so true...and so un-lived in my life in so many ways.  Thanksgiving...or as she describes in greater detail...Eucharisteo....breaks way to the full life we so desire.  This should be so obvious.  I mean...I even painted the verse "Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise..." on my nursery armoire years ago...so that I would read that...and thank God for my babies and blessings as I nurse and rock them....I so want to enter His gates!  I want to fully live like Ann talks about.  I share this with you to encourage you to dig deeper into your heart to be thankful in ALL things...and also to pick up Ann Voskamp's book for yourself.  It is really good so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment